Slingbox Makes Perfect Gifts For Grads And Dads
Don't Miss Your Favorite Sports and TV Shows When Away From Home Slingbox Turns Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones into a TV
FOSTER CITY, Calif. — April 17, 2013 — Just in time for graduation season and Father's Day, Sling Media has the ideal gifts for on-the-go dads and graduating students heading to college or setting off on their own: the Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350.
Both offer full 1080p HD-quality, live streaming of favorite TV shows, sporting events, recorded programming and premium content to smartphones, tablets, laptops and connected devices. Deluxe features of the Slingbox 500 include Wi-Fi, HDMI and a platform for storing personal content and viewing it on the TV screen.
With a Slingbox connected to their TV at home and SlingPlayer running on their laptop, tablet or smartphone, dads and grads can access live, recorded and on-demand programming without an extra cable/satellite-TV subscription.
Slingbox products make perfect gifts for dads and graduating high school and college students who are sports fans, technophiles or frequent travelers—indeed, anyone who wants to view their home TV content via tablet, smartphone or laptop.
Dads can use the Slingbox to watch their TV in a variety of ways, wherever they happen to be:
- While on a business trip
- On a big-screen TV at a vacation home or second residence
- In the garage, backyard, or by the pool
The Slingbox is also ideal for high school grads moving away to attend college, or college grads moving to the city for their first job:
- Keep up with favorite hometown sports teams, local news and premium movies and TV shows live or on-demand from the DVR back home
- Watch all your favorite content from just about anywhere: in the dorm room, apartment, in the library or on the commuter train
See what Slingbox customers are saying on Twitter:
- "Quiet day at the office for paperwork & #TheMasters thanks to @MisterSling! Slinging since 2006."
- "Thank goodness for @MisterSling and Slingbox! Now I won't miss anything on my trips!"
- "Slingbox might be one of the greatest inventions in the world!"
- "Get a #Slingbox. It's the best purchase I ever made. It's just dawning on me I am not going to miss all of football season this year."
Both the Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350 deliver live and on-demand streaming of all of your favorite TV shows, sporting events, recorded programming and premium content to your mobile and connected devices in up to Full 1080p high-definition resolution. The Slingbox 350 is available at the entry-level price of $179.99.
Priced at $299.99, the Slingbox 500 introduces new features, including Wi-Fi and HDMI, that make set-up anywhere in the home clean, simple and straightforward as well exclusive features including My Media, SlingProjector and SlingSync for personal media storage and playback on the living room TV. Both Slingbox products also include no monthly subscription fees.
About Sling Media
Sling Media, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation, is the leading provider of video placeshifting products and services for consumers and television service providers. Sling Media's product family includes Slingbox, which provides consumers with the ability to watch and control their living room TV shows at any time, from any location, using Internet-connected PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones. For more information, visit www.slingbox.com.
Sling Media, Inc.
Bob Gold & Associates